Re: Helmet - Visors

>[Karen Sullivan]  Michelle, the idea of the "brim" scares me.  I have
always insisted on helmets that >have a velcro brim that will easily come
off. I have read about people with broken necks from helmet >brims that dig
into ground and stop them too suddenly.  What do you all think?

I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this also. I just bought Troxel's new
model "Dakota". With the longer visor and it's non-detachable. I'm thinking
it was promoted as designed for distance riders. I haven't used it yet and
am wondering if I should return it for another model. I'm still using my
ancient Lexington. It's taken one good hit after I "tucked and rolled" and
slammed into the arena railing. Wonderful horse, ridder error. I've also
heard that a helmet should be sent in to be checked for damage if it's
dropped. I'm sure my old helmet is ready to be retired!

Cheryl, I never ride without one.

ps I once saw a program where an 'old' rocker said, "you want to see
panic.... it's when I'm on stage about to start a concert and realize I've
forgotten my earplugs". Same thing if I've mounted and realize I've
forgotten my helmet!