Re: RC: Re: helmets

In a message dated 2/6/00 3:47:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, woa@stormnet.com
writes:

<<  Part of my
 fear of helmets is that I'm not sure what effect the helmet would have
 on my sommersaulting. Anyone care to comment? >>

Not sure on the sumersaulting part, but it sure helps when your head connects
with a low branch.  Cracked my helmet in half last May -- sure glad I had it
on.  BTW the broken neck argument is the wackiest argument against wearing a
helmet that I've ever heard.  If you're gonna break your neck, you're gonna
break it.  The helmet won't MAKE that happen.  It will just continue to
protect your brain from even further damage.  (Bette, I know you didn't bring
up the broken neck argument, but somebody else did and that one always amazes
me).

Sylvia