Re: RC: Completion Credo

guest@endurance.net writes:

<< tom sites goearth@shentel.net
 Things sure do change.  During GAHR i never rode w/a helmet.  Today i do.  I
never even used electrlytes but now i do.  I always thought in order to win i
needed to finish.  I sometimes finished but rarely won.  What place am i in
now?  Recognizing those that "finish is to win"  treat their horses like
companions, friends and the other part of the team.  Those that think "to win
is to win" usually, but not always, think of their partner as chattel or
something to be discarded if they don't "DO Good".  Like a dirty sock.
Others don't share this belief.  Thats why there will always be disparity
between belief. You...me ...or..even us will not change that belief.  Its a
big world and there's plenty of room for different opinions.  Give us room to
grow because what was gospel 10-25 yrs ago is no longer valid.  But SOME of
us will always treat our horses with respect and yes even LOVE.   So let
those that want to go to the fringe, train and DO GOOD now for a quick
adrenaline fix. !
  Hopefully they will find the majesty of EQUUS and not just that of CHATTEL.
 Again, there is room for all, just be kind.  In a cruel world thats why i
recreated Will Tevis' concept of 4 horses 1 rider.  DOK2001.  There, the
emphasis will be on the Rider over 24 hours and since doing it once i know
from whence i speak.  Unless, a fat fellow is there in his easy chair
dispensing concotcions the major factor will be on the rider not the horses.
 And, shouldn't that be the way it is if in fact it is a battle between MEN
not Horses? tom sites

The fat fellow in the easy chair declines to respond to this one as a matter
of conscience.

ti