Re: RC: Re: helmets

In a message dated 2/6/00 10:46:10 AM Pacific Standard Time, dial@pe.net
writes:

<< It's nice of you to respond. I know you THINK it looks like a western hat,
 but it is incredibly geeky looking. (Sorry for the teen expression!)

Of course you are right.  I hate the way the helmets look on me and the way I
look after I take it off.  The bottom line is it is better to look geeky that
be truly geeky because of brain damage.  The video I mentioned showed a
number of interviews with people who had been injured, a horse trainer, a
doctor, etc. who knew they were lucky to be alive but could no longer engage
in their professions.  The worst was the mother of the 16 year old who was
riding her horse in the arena when the horse spooked and she hit her head on
the fence post and was dead before her mother, who had been watching from the
kitchen window, could reach her.  You can fall off the gentlest horse at any
time.....maryben