Re: Beet Pulp & grain????

Hi Susan,

I recently looked in the archives and on your site about feeding grain,
particularly with beet pulp.  I am feeding about 1.5 lb COB with 1.5 lb BP -
dry weight, its mixed together and well soaked.  My horses are doing
moderate exercise, +-25 miles per week each.  Is is there any nutritional
advantage to feeding COB, other than it being a concentrated form of
calories?  One horse would not finish her beetpulp w/o the COB, now I just
mix the same brew for all three horses.

FWIW I am also feeding good grass hay, a bit of alfalfa hay, and 800 IU E
each, they have some scant winter pasture.  The COB is 50% whole oats, 25%
steamed corn, 25% steamed barley.

Happy trails and happy holidays!

Michelle
(Colorado)