Re: Trailer tie system

Lisa Jordan pslj5@home.com
I bought the Trailer Tie at the convention last year (they had a deal going...). I selected it due to the way it was constructed -it was tested at some astronomical weight. A few VERY safety conscious friends had been using them with less than quiet horses and convinced me that the product was well worth the money. I put it on my aluminum *4-Star* trailer and have had no problems at all. The horse loves to stand with his butt to the trailer!
Three things (that have likely been said before on RC): 1) Measure EVERYTHING out BEFORE beginning to attach the tie system to the trailer. 2) If you have a short horse add those giant screw caribiners as links between the top of the tie and the bungee cord. Depending on how you're parked, you may need to adjust the length of the cord in this manner. 3) It doesn't work well to tie a tacked horse with the bungee as the cord gets caught in the tack.
Happy camping!

Lisa