freezing buckets...

Angie,
If it makes you feel any better, we were in Pellston, Michigan this week for an overnight to shoe horses.  When we got up in the morning, the sun was shining and it was gorgeous...I couldn't wait to get outside!  Thank God there was no wind.  It was 20 degrees BELOW zero!  Takes your breath away. I was happy to get back home to our 15-20 degrees ABOVE zero!!  :)  Anyway, another take on your method is what Nelson came up with...we bought some plastic barrels from a local dairy supply...50s and 30s.  Nelson cut them in half, bought some styrofoam insulation and spray foam and placed the 30s inside the 50s with the styrofoam in the bottom and around the sides, filling in the gaps with the spray foam.  They will freeze on the tops but easily pop out when pried from the side.  They are wonderful!  Merry Christmas!!
Maggie