Re: RC: Vacation spots near horses?

Forgot to mention that Roxanne's family's place, the Hooper Ranch, is near
the White Mountains of AZ.  The area is beautiful, with both "Tony
Hillerman" mesa country (called the Malpais), and pine forest covered
mountains.  Many photo ops (wildlife includes the recently released Mexican
Grey Wolves), lots of fishing, the gorgeous White Mountain Apache
Reservation is there (with riding, summer ski lift rides up the mountains,
water sports, bike, hiking & horse trails), there are fossils, petroglyphs,
plus the area has one of the most densely situated and studied Native
American ruin sites anywhere.  Little known fact, that last one!  AND of
course - I modestly add - I live near there!

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html