Re: RC: Virus Checking for your e-mail

At 8:05 PM -0800 12/17/00, Michael Maul wrote:
>I received several questions about using virus checkers to catch some of the
>virus attacks that seem to be on most of the email groups I subscribe to.
>
>First - I'm not an expert on this but this is what I do.
>
>1.  If you are using the internet - you need an antivirus program on your PC.
>In my view - if you don't - you will not be on the internet long before you
>get something you didn't want.
>You can use any of the standard ones - Norton, Mcafee - I don't think there
>is a lot of difference between them if used properly.

<snip>

These instructions apply to people on Wintel machines only. Those who
are on the Macintosh can take a deep breath and relax.  You can be a
"carrier" for some of these virus strains but you can't be infected,
so just be careful about passing on attachments to friends and family
lest you earn the "Typhoid Mary" appellation.

Lynne
Macintosh systems consultant