AERC/FEI

Has anyone else noticed the article in the latest Equus Magazine, the
one about FEI selection for eventing. Seems that this group has gone
through some of the same questioning that many of us have about
selecting teams.

They have made some changes based upon their concerns of subjective
versus objective decisions. The article was essentially against how the
new process works.  I am not sure  if the article's premise is correct
or not. But I can see that the questioning of the process is a valid one
to consider.

We all need to work with USET on this issue. It is nothing that we
should demand. They ARE the ones funding our opportunities. Maybe this
is not an issue for democratic rule. My mother always used to say that
there is a valid role for a benevolent dictator....

STeve Shaw