Fw: eye/bis/woes

www.vtc.net/~ageorge
----- Original Message -----
From: Annie George
To: saungier@mindspring.com
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2000 8:25 AM
Subject: eyes

Well,  I nearly died when I got mine I was convinced I'd never ride again, it really messed me up. But not for too long, the more hrs you spend up, the faster you'll get OK with it. It was a depth perception thing for me, I could not really tell where the ground was, or a knee whacker limb was at. Boo knew where my knees were and he tried to save me,but I didn't, Id run myself into stuff thinking Boo was off, till I reliased it was my eyes. I was not at the same place the horse was when he got there, Like jumping something. I expected him to hit a tad before or after( cant remember which) he actually did.  He is a good old horse, and I could tell It bothered him to, we were always perfectly in sinc before. But I did relearn my automatic body responses, you know, how your body just goes where it is supposed to without thought, like driving the truck,, That was also something I had to relearn, I admit to whacking the gate post a couple of times. All is fine now, It is just a bumber part of getting... well you know, the "O" word !! It seems like it was only a month or so before I felt "rite" again. And now all is well, Getting on and off as fast or as graceful as I used to, is another topic. Chin up, There are some great perks to the "O" word, like at gates, put on your pitiful old person face, and the young showoffs will jump off and get all the gates, never open another gate! Hold your horse at potty stops, give you the last of the water, and food, flat tires in BC are left to the young guys,  cuts in line at banquets, lots of real cool perks. And with a little practice you can adorn the mantle of wisdom. I don't know about the new lenses, I just have the old lined bis,  w/ the photo gray lens, seems the bright light bothers me more now.  Good Luck. Annie George
www.vtc.net/~ageorge