Re: RC: Easy Boots with socks, or without vetwrap

At 03:06 PM 12/15/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>   Has anyone else tried this and had any luck?  Does anyone out
>there ride without any vetwrap or other protection under the
>boot?  Don't want to add any more time to tacking up than
>necessary, but don't want to shred my horses feet up either.

Here are some photos:

http://members.nbci.com/ridephotos/EZ-boot/ducttape.html  (this is mostly
showing duct tape on the outside tho)

and

http://heather.greatbasin.com/~sportssaddle/Easybootnew.html   (this is
better)

Do what Tammy said - flatten down the metal teeth, and cover them with two
or three layers of duct tape.  It works great.  (love that duct tape,
couldn't do a ride without it!)  :+)

There are still good reasons to use vetwrap (or even a sock), however.  You
may need it to take up the extra space to keep the boot fitting really
well.  Or maybe you just want to provide some extra padding in the heel
area so the strap doesn't cause any soreness.

Good luck,

Karen