Update on my barn manager

Since the near-death episode with my barn manager on October 1st, we have
watched one of the world's most stubborn, tough individuals rally back thru
tremendous odds (including 3 weeks on a ventilator, kidney failure, toxemia
from infections and dead bowel, and additional surgery.)  He is currently
on the rehab unit at the local hospital and is up walking without
assistance, eating fairly normally (intestines hooked back up a couple of
weeks ago), and scheduled to be discharged on Friday -- 11 weeks after his
emergent admission to the hospital!  He plans on going back to work next
month (or shortly after depending on when the Seattle newspaper resolves
their strike) but, I'm sure, will assume his barn job fairly soon, knowing
George and how devoted he has been (for 14 years) to the horses in this
barn! ;-)  His attention to detail has rewarded me with the happy, healthy
horses you have seen at the rides.  Many thanks to all who sent their good
wishes -- I've saved the posts for George so that he can appreciate how
worldwide the healing thoughts extended.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.