Re: RC: Re: Long toe, low heel

My old mare (being in her 20's at that time) had severely run down heels from
being neglected before I rescued her.  The farrier I had at that time only
made matters worse by putting on wedges!!  The farrier I acquired after (and
have had for over 7 years) put regular shoes on backwards to promote heal
growth. It worked fabulously!! It took about 8 months to get her to normal,
but she has not had any problem with her heals since.  He did not shave off
her toe, though I have seen that done also.

shara llewellyn
sacramento ca