Low Heels

When I bought my mare, she had a bow because the person who owner her ran the crap out of her with no heels and long toe (I didn't get a vet check, but that's another story).  My vet insisted "NO WEDGES" against my farrier's advice, and my vet was right.  You need to let the heels grow out slowly and let the leg adjust slowly.  If you put the wedges on, it's too much of an angle change, and that's too hard on the leg.  She healed totally, and is fine now, although she can't do endurance anymore.

JudyK