Rats eating anything.

>As someone who breeds dogs specifically for situations where poisons are a
>no-no, like grain siloes, this place has a serious problem. If she doesn't
>move the horse, she can go look for the rat holes (there are usually two
>or three about 150 meters apart and rats never get too far from cover) and
>then run a water hose down them. Have some Jack Russells or other good
>ratters handy along with some baseball bats and go at it. Fact is that the
>rats will avoid the place if there are dogs present.

I'm not so sure I would agree with the idea that rats will avoid a place where
dogs are present.  Over the years had some pretty intense ratters and the
rats still stuck around.  But then I have little experience with dogs
*bred* for
ratting.

The best rat medicine I found was a Crossman pump-up pellet rifle.  It shoots
at around 750 feet per second and is flatter than a pancake at 100 feet.

When we had outdoor flights for the birds we had a tremendous rat problem.
Then I bought the Crossman.  For about a week the rats had a tremendous
lead problem.

I am not presumptous to think I got them all but I got enough to where they,
and their sign, were really scarce.

Marv "See that split in the grass under that flight?
When it turns grey, I shoot." Walker