Re: Convention

>Utilizing travel hubs helps
>keep down travel costs and using cities that have convention centers helps
>keep those costs reasonable as well. I would love to come to a convention on
>the East coast or in the Central or Southwest or Northwest.

My husband sells printing press equipment and has to be a "suit" at
newspaper and press user conventions...I go along when they're in a city I
want to go see.  This year I'm going to SF for the national and to
somewhere near the Rogue River for the regional (the entertainment offered
at the regional this year is a jet boat ride down the Rogue River)...next
year I'm going to New Orleans.  I also attend 1 or 2 per year that are of
my interests.

One of the things I like about conventions...and, granted, I don't do as
many touristy things when I'm at a convention for my interests...is the new
places I get to see and things I get to do when I'm there.  I love to
travel and this kills two birds, so to speak. ;-)  I would be delighted to
have the convention somewhere else besides Reno every fourth year.  I'm
dying to get to Kentucky, I've been to Florida several times but would love
to go again...I can think of a *lot* of places that would be fun to see.  I
try to take and extra day or two and do fun stuff in the area while I'm
there.  A short but fun vacation...and I treat it like that, saving my
shekels so that I can go.

How many people usually attend the AERC conventions...how big of a place is
required?  Seattle's a cool place but I don't know about the convention
center's size...a great place to vacation, but an awfully long flight if
you're from the South and if you don't anything else but fly in for 2 days,
go to meetings, and then leave.

Sue

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com