Re: RC: hackamores

I THINK, that the noseband (the wide leather part, on her nose) is supposed
to go about two fingers distance from the prominant bone that is on the side
of the horse's face.  It is the bone that you see below their eyes, and there
should be two fingers space between the noseband and these bones.  IF SOMEONE
CAN EXPLAIN THIS BETTER, PLEASE DO.  The chin strap, under her jaw, should be
behind her chin, and you should have it slightly loose, the tighter it is,
the more severe.  The troat latch, the part on her throat, should be fairly
loose, I think it is just there so that the bridle doesn't go over your
horse's ears and fall off.
***I am sort of new to endurance too, but have done the "horse thing" for a
while... I could be explaining something totally different than you are
talking about.  If so, SORRY! I hope this helps,
-Renee