Re: RC: ROC?

----------
> From: Rides 2 Far <rides2far@juno.com>
> To: BMcCrary27@aol.com
> Cc: bass@bigsky.net; ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: RC:   ROC?
> Date: Saturday, February 05, 2000 4:33 PM
>

> I think one of the neat things about the ROC was that it was run by an
> individual, not the AERC.  I'd like to see something along those lines
> that I could try (Kaboot came along too late for an ROC appearance).
> Heck, just saying "ROC Qualified" was a way to say your horse had proven
> himself as one of the better horses around.

Maybe that is what was so neat about it  --  I attended 6 ROC's (either
volunteering, crewing, or riding) -- and it was a great event every time.

> The new AERC series is interesting, but so far, they haven't had a 100
> mile SE qualifier that I was interested in competing in.  They've chosen
> two Florida 100's which is just too early in the season for me to clip my

They've chosen some here in the NW region that are good, challenging rides.
 But  it just doesn't seem like a challenge to qualify for the series when
frequently (in the NW and MT regions), there are only 10 people per weight
division even competing.  If it's not a "challenge" to qualify for, I don't
like to use it as a goal.

>Maybe having more of a "lifetime" qualifier like the ROC would make me
more >likely to participate.

Me too!