ROC?

I have been thinking lately about how much I miss having the Race of
Champions as a goal -- has anybody ever talked about starting an event that
is like it, or taking on the ROC (if Susan would allow)?  What are the
major issues, does anybody know?  Funds?  Enough time to put into the ride
(is it "all-consuming"?)?  And I was also wondering if it would still
attract a large number of entries -- any thoughts?