Re: RC: Reno forever?

grs@TheNetEffect.com writes:

<< Is it just me, or does the thought of a convention-for-profit horrify
 others too?  I thought the convention was to educate the members, give
 them a chance to meet and socialize, distribute awards, and conduct
 business meetings for the organization, with a vendor show on the side for
 fun. I know that's how the SERA convention works, and it's great! >>

I don't know if "horrify" is the word I'd use, but I agree--while it needs to
be self-supporting, the main purpose should be providing services such as
what you named for the membership.

Heidi