convention

I don't come out of "lurk mode" often.  But this convention thing has me
unhappy.  The only convention I have been able to attend was in
Lexington and I had  great time.  At that it was a 9 hr. drive.  I have
been looking forward to the time when it would be in the east again.
It's nice AERC only has an hour's drive, but that hardly seems to be a
fair requirement for a place to have the convention.  What about the BOD
who live in the NE or SE and continually have to pay their way to head
to Reno.  AERC, the first word is American, not West.  At least throw us
a chance to attend I believe it was to be 1 out of 5 years?  Louise WV