Re: RC: Reno forever?

Cindy,

I agree with you!

One poster mentioned that the site should have
activities for the rest of the family in case they
came but weren't horse oriented.  Personally, I don't
see a gambling town as family poriented.  Then again
it's been a few years since I was there last.

You guys want family oriented locations, easy to fly
into, convention facilities, and horse oriented sight
seeing as well?

Kentucky Horse Park area

Orlando FL - definitely easy to get to, NO SNOW,
direct flights, more convention facilities than almost
anywhere else in the world, and there is DEFINITELY
family-oriented activities there!  Drive 30-45 inutes
and come to the heart of Florida race horse country,
University of Florida vet school (very in tune to
horse specialties), and a number of endurance rides in
the early spring (combine your trip).

Washington DC/Northern VA/Baltimore area.  Again, lots
of convention facilities, direct flights to one of 3
LARGE international airports, within a short drive of
horse racing, the Virginia & Maryland hunt fields, Old
Dominion trails...  For the family?  King's Dominion
amusement park is 45 minutes away.  Smithsonian
Museum.  The nation's Capital, the White House,
Lincoln Memorial, etc.

Regarding cost to the office - the membership is
paying for it!!!  A convention in the same location
gets stale.  Lack of advertising for outside interest
doesn't exist outside of EN.  (If it does, I haven't
seen it in any of my 4 hourse journal subscriptions.)

A chunk of your membership IS BACK EAST!  Since AERC
activities should serve the membership, you're
ignoring a large part of us.  We aren't "wanna-be"
riders here in the east, either...  The NE & SE have
produced international riders of the caliber of Rita
and Cass, Valerie & Danielle with Jedi & Cash, Steve
Rojek and Hawk, any many more than I've mentioned.

Cost to ship stuff?  Try what the <real> conventions
due.  Truck ship ahead of tie except for critical
information thatyou HAVE to keep with.  Of course, it
takes organization - maybe even professionals that
help with the entire convention.  If they did help
with advertising & set up, perhaps the convention
would break even or even show a profit.

The EAST is the AERC too!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch