Re: RC: [Fwd: RC: BOD expenses]

In a message dated 02/02/2000 6:12:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
teddy@runningbear.com writes:

<< Ya know, I had no idea that the BOD had to pay their own expenses to
 participate.   I assumed that this was a part of our dues to the
 organization.....  why isn't it?   I think it is a reasonable use of funds,
 as long as it doesn't turn into a paid party.   I have not been one to
 complain to the board, but holy cow, even if I had I'd think twice now!
This
 is no small amount of volunteerism!   >>

To the original person who posted this message:

    We've always paid our own way ... airfare, lodging, many of the meals.
This year
at the mid-year BOD meeting in Albuquerque, we were treated to a few meals
served while we were at the meeting table.  It was quite convenient and a
delightful change, much appreciated by us.  For many years now the BOD has
not had to pay the registration fee for the convention, but we still pay for
the awards banquet and many of the other meals.  A continental breakfast is
served to us on Sunday morning.  We still pay our airfare from wherever we
live and return.  For folks anywhere but in the west region, it can be quite
a sum.  When the convention was in Atlanta and later in Louisville, we
westerners paid a greater airfare.

Barbara