breeder ethics

In a message dated 02/03/2000 5:18:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< Most breeders are business people. They will breed for what thay can get
 the biggest return on their investment. If you could sell a tall black
 Arab for 100,000 and a short gray one for 1,000 which would you breed?

I completely disagree.... There are those who are breeding for the future and
there are those breeding for money. I do not look at my horses as investments
to make money from but as companions for myself and those who appriecate the
same qualities that I do. And the Arabian horse has been around for over 4000
years being 14 to 15 hands on average and I have no desire to change that. So
I would breed the short grey ones for $1000  without hesitation.

Maria