Re:RE:RE: Cutoff times

>>Linda Parrish wrote<<

<<So, Bob, whatever happened to the rule that had "a rate of 4.167
mph"
somewhere in it way back when (I can't remember the year that I
last saw
this in the rule book). I think it used to be listed in Rule 5.

Linda Parrish
Kennard, TX>>

###Quoting from the August 1992 Rulebook:###

Rule 5.2 Total completion time will be according to the following
prescription: 12 hours for 50 miles, 24 hours for 100 miles, and other
distances to be calculated at 4.167 MPH (based on the sanctioned mileage and
rounded off to the nearest hour).

In other words, take the proposed distance, divide by 4.167 and this will
yield the the total completion time in hours and minutes (will need to be
rounded up for some distances)  This is not the speed at which a rider needs
to ride to complete, but the total completion time of the ride distance.