National Friendship Week

It's Canada's National Friendship Week, but it makes sense for countries
to be together on this.  I know this isn't endurance related EXCEPT that
we do tend to say on RC that have to be forgiven and maybe regretted a
little later.

Have a great day everyone!!
elaine

 For my friends and family...

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper.
His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that
every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail
into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had
driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few
weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number
of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He
discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to
drive those nails into the fence....

 Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his
 temper at all. He told his father about it and the
 father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail
 for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The
 days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell
 his father that all the nails were gone.

 The father took his son by the hand and led him to the
 fence. He said,"You have done well, my son, but look
 at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the
 same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar
 just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and
 draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say
 I'm sorry, the wound is still there."

 A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends
 are a very rare jewel indeed. They make you smile and
 encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share
 words of praise and they always want to open their
 hearts to us."

 It's National Friendship Week. Show your friends how
 much you care. Send this to everyone you consider a
 FRIEND, even if it means sending it back to the person
 who sent it to you. If it comes back to you, then
 you'll know you have a circle of friends. HAPPY
 FRIENDSHIP WEEK TO YOU!!!!!! YOU ARE MY FRIEND AND I
 AM HONORED! Now send this to every friend you have!!
 And to your family. This was sent to me by a friend,
 and is now passed on to YOU.
 Please forgive me if I have ever left a hole in your