Mcclellan AND OTHER saddles

I have an original McClellan that I have owned and ridden
for 20 years.  I have ridden 50's and even 100's in it.  But
I don't sit much anyway.  When I think I WILL sit a lot, I
use a seat-saver.  They are hard seated.  The tremendous
advantage is the weight...mine is 15 pounds TOTAL.  I added
fenders and changed the rigging so it works on any horse I
put it on (provided the back I put it on is very narrow).

I love 'em.  Puts my legs right where they belong...UNDER
ME.  I have no trouble posting the trot (even sitting the
trot).

My "other" saddle is a Fred Hook Mountain saddle, semi-QH
tree, 15.5 inch seat which I also adore...works best on my
broader backed horses.  It is heavier (26 pounds) but no big
deal.  It is secure and has a comfortable smooth seat.

I have owned so many Sharon Saare saddles (which I also love
because they fit ME so well) and have sold each within a
short time of owning them because my customers want one
NOW!!!!

Lots of good saddles out there and there is room for them
all.  It is a matter of personal preference, riding style,
and body built as well as what kind of horses and riding you
do and your "equitation" background.

--
Teddy Lancaster
American Endurance Ride Conference # 139422

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
Your Trail Riding Equipment Headquarters - Celebrating our
20th Anniversary!!!!
Teddy Lancaster, President
1348 Township Road 256
Kitts Hill, Ohio, 45645 USA  -  http://runningbear.com/
Webmaster for USA East website: http://usa-east.org/
Moderator for the USA EAST mailing list:

http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/USAEAST
1-800-533-2327, FAX: 740-533-0337
Home of Khalarado+/ 1990 IAHA National Endurance Champion
- (1982 Chestnut CMK Stallion)
Supplying the WORLD with quality endurance equipment since
1980