Fwd: Shine & Shine Only - January

---- Begin included message ----
Maryben:
    Please be advised, prior to the ride I had notified Becky Hart both
through E-mail & telephone my concern of getting into the ride (since we were
a late entry - approximately 2.5 weeks before the ride itself) and that we
would be coming from the Malibu area travelling approximately 360 miles, and
should there be any problems to contact me.  There was no response other than
2 separate deliveries of entries.
    The week prior to the ride, my husband continually checked the weather
report on the internet for rain possibilities.  The weather looked good, so
we left for the ride that Friday.
    Upon arrivining, after an 8-hour drive, we found the gate to the SCCH
grounds locked.  We then proceeded to the Equestrian Facility down the road
where we obtained help from a ranger on duty.  He said, "The ride was
cancelled.  Becky said a week ago she wasn't even going to attempt to put the
ride on.  And because we got 3" of rain this week, we closed the trails."  He
then, via telephone, hooked me up with you where you informed me that 4
people were not called because they had omitted their phone numbers from the
entry.
    After arriving home on Sunday, for we did make the best out of a bad
situation and drove another hour and camped out at Henry Coe Park, I found a
message from you on my telephone answering machine.  My initial thought was,
"Gee, this lady can't call me to inform me the ride was cancelled and then
makes excuses as to why.  But she can call me to inquire if I would like my
check applied to the next race."
    Please note, since I am not familiar with Ridecamp, I am only aware of
your comments on Ridecamp because they have been forwarded to me through
Tammy Robinson of Trailrite.  For you see, I am not a veteran endurance rider
or even a veteran horse person for that matter.  I only started riding 13
months ago and riding my first ride - a 50 miler - 5 months after that.  The
Shine & Shine Only would have been my 5th ride.
    You should also know that I did try to get into both Warner Springs &
Fire Mountain.  However, the ride management was gracious enough to inform me
by either E-mail or phone that the ride was full and there would be no chance
for me.
    Lastly, I suppose this was a good learning experience, for from now on I
will call the ride the night before to ensure my attempts aren't futile,
since I forget that all people are not competent in their tasks and
considerate in their manner.
    Please return both Yvette's and my check along with our entries.

Sincerely,
DeAnn

---- End included message ----