Re: Mcclelland saddles

I have a McClellan saddle sitting in my house that a friend asked me to put
on eBay for her.  She had purchased two of them from National Bridle Shop
some years ago thinking to use them on her mules.  Unfortunately they appear
to be made for fairly narrow backs - not the broad no withered backs of her
mules.  As I recall these saddles retailed for about $400 new.  She is
hoping to get $150 for this one.

Having ridden in a McClellan some years ago, I found it very comfortable.
More comfortable than the Abercrombie I later had but I confess that I
padded the McClellan with a sheepskin cover.  :-)

Hope that helps -
Sue Fritsche
of bluemoonacres@worldnet.att.net
in Middle Tennessee
A saddle inquiry from South Africa

How many riders use mcclelland saddles? If you have used one but did not
like it what where the reasons. If you have never used one, why? Lastly,
what is the average price charged for a mcclelland saddle and what is the
average price you would prefer to pay for a McClellan saddle.

Celeste (south Africa)
Mawlud & Shadixx