Re: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #143

Hey Rabble Rousers. How about you boycott the rides that have gotten out
of hand?

If a ride spends too much money on frills, if it has based its trails on
the fastest track time instead of the most interesting (and scenic)
challenge for horse and rider and if it seems like the horse is lost in
an ego war, how about leaving those rides for the unenlightened and
coming to one of the rides still put on by "just folks?"

There are lots of little, beautiful rides just crying for riders to come
and appreciate them. Rides where tents and rusty pickups are just as
normal as ever. Rides where about the only conversation to be had is
horse centered, not award or standings centered. And where the people
smile and share their things and sit around a camp fire and make fun of
each other. Look around, we are here. We may not be big shots, and we
may not recognize you if you are a big shot, but we put on some darn
good rides.

If more people refused to buy into the ego tripping thing, it wouldn't
be so popular and growing would it??

Terry C. - happy in her small way.