Re: head carriage and split reins

Carla,

First, Glad you're feeling better  : )

Second, in regards to the velcro.  Rather than sewing velcro onto the
reins, I'm going to try to make a little elastic band with velcro at the
ends.  Then I'm going to wrap it around the split reins like its taping
them together.  As far as pros and cons.........I don't have to change the
actual structure of the reins, it allows me to keep them short/medium/long,
I don't have to try to sew (or find someone else with a commercial machine)
my reins.  The only CON I can think of is loosing the little straps.  But
then they will be easy enough to make, if it works, I'll just make several.
 I'm pretty sure it should break away cleanly should an accident occur.
I'm gonna do a couple of tests with Rosko (he's such a good boy about mom's
projects..........You should have seen what I did to him for Christmas),
I'll let you know how it works out.................Anyone else with input
for my project?

Abigail Madden<<< Have sewing machine........will travel
Rosko<<<<<Oh, no.  Here she comes with that determined look again
barbrnch@inreach.com