Re: RC: bits

A straight bar is straight, a mullen has a slight arch so that it makes
contact with the tongue and bars. All snaffles are not mild. The
french/double jointed snaffle is, the single joint is not. The single joint
applies a lot of leverage to the mouth and horses with shallow mouths will
find this very severe. Also many horses go better in a thinner
mouthpiece(standard size, compared to hollow mouth) than previously thought.
jasmine