Crupper Training

Time to get my new horse accustomed to his crupper. He's never worn one. The
crupper is neoprene and kind of fat.

I began by seeing what he'd do if I put my very soft scarf under his tail.
He was fine. His ears were definitely paying attention (he was in cross
ties).

I tied the scarf snugly and went about his grooming. He was fine. So then I
untied the scarf and held the ends in one hand and put some pressure under
his tail, as would happen when attached to the saddle. He perked up, but was
just trying to decide whether I wanted him to do anything. Then he resumed
being calm.

Any thoughts? Thanks. (I'll be careful about cold neoprene under his tail!)

T'Lara J. Freedom
MILLER THOMSON
Calgary, AB
Canada