White hairs and black spots

Thanks, Karen, but I had an SS when I first purchased this horse and it was
an awful fit.  She has VERY high withers and the gullet on the SS rubbed the
top of her withers.  She kept stopping and trying to adjust her shoulders and
wouldn't gait.  I stopped using the saddle when I saw the white hairs, but
was hopeful the white areas were just due to heat since Special never seemed
sore.

The problem I have right now is both of our dramatic weight gain after our
injuries this summer -- we both hurt our respective knees.  I don't want to
invest in a bare tree fit custom saddle when we're both so overweight.  I
need some suggestions to get us through the next few months until we're
closer to being back in shape.

Rhonda