bitting questions (a little shorter but not much)

>This is more evidence that the school of thought that increases the
>harshness of a bit based on pulling/tossing/etc. is flawed.  I like
>having a choice of several bits to use because horses have their
>preferences, but all of my options are essentially mild bits ... I
>experiment laterally instead of vertically, I guess.

Oh, well said!  I just wish more people would think this way.  It always
astounds me how many people think that "a snaffle" is just that : a single
bit, and that from there, you have to go to a curb.  I have four snaffles
that I play around with, if necessary, and only go into the Viennese if I
absolutely have to, and only if some intense schooling hasn't solved the
problem!  And very reluctantly.

Tracey