Re: RC: RE: RE: Wild Horses Debunked!

<<Ranching does have a significant impact on trail riding>>

Yes, it does.  Ranchers usually stand side by side with trail users in efforts to keep public lands OPEN for use by the very public that owns it--and ranchers, riders, miners, hikers, loggers, snowmobilers, etc. are ALL public.  They also often open up their PRIVATE land for use by trail riders (often including actual endurance rides) when one asks permission, and are often far easier to deal with than the bureaucrats managing our PUBLIC lands.  Furthermore, when using either private ranch land or public lands that ranchers have utilized for grazing, there are usually maintained trail or jeep road systems, access to water for horses, and many other fringe benefits.  I've been on both sides of this particular fence, and the rancher and the trail rider have much more in common than many people seem to realize.  Both have a desire to keep the resources well-managed so that they are there for future generations.

Heidi