(no subject)

Hi Truman,
    Since we have a very large spectrum of clients on various levels of
endurance, we find doing what we do a very successful way.  Some horses may
handle what you are doing but we have found that most don't.  This is why we
have consulted Susan G. about high fat diets during competition.  I think it
was a few years ago that we had did this.
    As we made these changes, which were easy, we had found that all of the
horses did great and improved with gut sounds and mobility.  We have had a
wonderful opportunity to involve research in areas like this with a great
number of horses in different levels.  All horses had the same diet and
feeding program (with different levels to match working levels and metabolism
needs).  When we some were having low gut sounds and other small signs of
problems, I personally had consulted Susan about this.  We made the changes
of omitting high fats during and right before competition and it worked!  It
worked for all of the horses.  Some were LD's, completers, competitors, 100
milers and all the way to Multiday horses.
    I'm sure that what your doing is working.  But with all of the endurance
riders that we had involved, some of the horses weren't doing well.  Now we
have found the solution and it has worked wonderful for a lot of different
horses.
    I'm sure that we will find along the way some other changes and products
that work better, but for right now, we are happy with this result.
    BTW, right now we are looking into electrolytes and good balances Vs. all
the things Nature can through at us.  Heat, cold, long hair, short hair, hard
rides, fast rides, long slow rides, heavy sweaters, lite sweaters, humidity,
no humidity, lite salts, reg. salts, frequent peeing, sweat patches, blood
tests, blood tests, blood tests, etc. etc. etc....  But we're getting there
and finding some interesting things.  Thanks again to Barney and Linda
Fleming for their Pride Project, and for people like us that want a test
right now, on the spot, for finding out things like this.
Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269

Tammy Robinson