Wisconsin trails/camping questions

To keep from going utterly insane as we plunge into
winter, I'm planning next year's horse adventures.
We're thinking of taking a week next September to loop
through some Wisconsin parks, since we've never been
there. I have the "basic" info from the Wisconsin DNR
brochure, but I'd appreciate riders' knowledge about
camping/trails at Kettle Moraine (N and S), Gov.
Dodge, and Black River. Which park should we spend the
most time at? How much in advance do I need to make
reservations to get one of the 12 sites at Kettle
Moraine North and Gov Dodge? Are there any hidden
trail gems that we should swing by on our loop? Isn't
the AERC ride held at Kettle Moraine usually at the
end of Sept? - hopefully we can incorporate that in
our plan. Thanks in advance for any input. Kristi

=====
He's not just a horse,
he's a little bit of
heaven on earth.