That Chevy / Trailer brake problem

Ray O. rno2m@virginia.edu
   Hang in there if possible (safe).I spent many years as a mechanic and tool distributor,and the usual progression with these situations is that it takes time for the problems in the field with a new model to be identified,diagnosed,and the solution sent out in a bulletin to all partys.Just about the time the mechanic starts getting an ulcer,the bulletin arrives.Have you tried hooking your trailer to someone else'late model Chev,but one with a diffrent elec brake actuator?Also,check that the elec brake actuator in your truck was wired in BY THE BOOK,and has it's own main power feed on a separate,dedicated wire direct from the battery (fused,of course.)I have no idea where the problem lies,but these things might helpIf the problem lies with the manufacturer,it'll probably happen to a lot of people,and they'll get to the bottom of it.But play it safe in the meanwhile.Try disconnecting your backup lite fuse if possible-just as an experiment.