Re: RC: RE: slaughter houses

In a message dated 12/1/00 2:47:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nis75p06@mindspring.com writes:

> People eat horses.  People also eat many other animals.  These other animals
>  are killed for our culinary pleasure in much the same way horses are.
>  Personally, if someone wants to eat a horse that no one else wants, more
>  power to them.  Too many liberal whinny bedwetters around worrying entirely
>  to much about things that needn't concern them.

I quit wetting my bed last year, thank-you very much.  haha.

About ten years ago, the Air Force sent me to Korea for a year.  I remember
one night, in particular, I was at a restaurant, with some of my Korean
friends, eating a meal that was completely unique to my American tastebuds.
As we were eating, one of my buddies asked me how I liked the "dogmeat".
Prior to me knowing what it was I was consuming, I thought the food was
excellent.  But after he told me what we were eating, I ran to the bathroom
and rejected my meal.

My point is, it's a mental thing.  Even though I love steak, I can't eat dog,
when I know it's dog; I can't eat horse, when I know it's horse, and I can't
eat GATOR, when I know it's gator (does not taste like chicken, by the way).

When I was in Korea, I never saw one horse.  Not one.  I heard rumors that
they had a few down south, but I doubt that there were many.  Spend a year in
Korea and you'll never want to leave home again.

I try not to judge others, especially when it comes to one's diet and one's
lifestyle.  I just ask that you don't come after my horse with those
chopsticks in your hand.  If you do I might find out what it is to eat human.

cya,
Howard (I was ready for Al to concede until I saw that frightened look on W's
face the other night.  He looks really scared)