Re: RC: Blankets vs. cooler

Rhonda,

The solution that has worked best for me is really pretty easy. I use
an anti-sweat sheet over a small wool blanket that covers my gelding
from his withers to his tail but only goes to the bottom of his
shoulders. The wool wicks the moisture away from his body quite
quickly-approx 30 min. I can turn him out in his paddock and not have
to worry about either coming off even if he rolls. I then remove the
damp wool from under the anti-sweat sheet and turn him out in just
that until he is completely dry-approx. another 30 min.  I use this
method all winter and it works well for us here in New England. (I
bought a piece of wool at a local fabric store to function as the
blanket. Think it cost about $10)

Pam in MA