New MI Coggins laws

Donna Dochterman dokadaarabians@earthlink.net
To anyone who lives in or rides in the state of Michigan.  I have been able to confirm the new Coggins testing laws.  Anyone who wishes to read the law for themselves, here is the internet address:    http://198.109.122.10/pdf/publicAct/1999-2000/pa032300.pdf

Most of what I was told about the law appears to be fairly accurate.  A new item to me was that the test is 1 year by calendar date (Jan. 1-Dec 31) rather than a year from the date of the test.  Out of state horses must have a negative test within 180 days.

Sigh... RideCamp still doesn't recognise me as a subscriber for some reason.
Donna Dochterman
Dokada Arabians
http://members.tripod.com/~DokadaArabians/index.html