RE: What Goes On at the Horse Auctions (long)

Why do you take out your disgust on the Auction? Should you not be going
after the persons responsible for the initial condition of the stock at the
auction? Was the person who runs the auction responsible for <<<a large
Belgian that was so severely foundered he was standing incredibly stretched
out>>>? Was the person who runs the auction irresponsible for <<a belgian
tied to the wall (which is like torture in the kill pen, he couldn't get
away) with his eye gouged out (literally gone!) and pus oozing from the
socket.  There was an old leopard appaloosa that was skin and bones, the
worst I've seen in a long time!  There were several malnourished, stunted
horses in there, and a severely sway-backed Quarter Horse almost deformed
looking.>>>

No it was the owner of these animals, persons like your selves that were the
cause, it was not the auction. Realize the auction is providing only  a
service, they make it possible for the buyer and the seller to meet. They do
not compell the seller to sell nor the buyer to buy.

I would suggest you consider more, the education of careless over breeders,
the uneducated horse owner and vent your anger on the uncareing horse owner.
The ones that have the foundered horses, the neglected animals and the
abusers of horses. The auctions provide a much needed service, would you be
more settled if these animals were abandonded like cats and dogs?

Bob Morris