Feeding Toc

>Another indication that this is a schooling problem not a feeding problem
is that it only manifests itself when the horse is under saddle and not when
the horse is on a longe line.
Clearly, if the horse longes beautifully while at the same time becomes a
lunatic under saddle, this has little to do with the horse's physical
condition.

>One might, in this instance, longe him under saddle to determine where the
"holes" in his schooling are, or as an intermediate step to solving the
manageablility under saddle problem.>

He is just free lunged, nothing on him at all.

>But if this were my horse, I would definitely be trying to figure out a
good training regime for him, and it wouldn't include trying to get him
tired.  That doesn't solve your schooling problem, it just makes him more
fit :).  And teaches him that he doesn't have to be obedient unless he is
too tired.  Fit horses (like all horses) should be manageable from the first
step.>

Would you mind emailing me privately in this regard?

Tracey