Time thru the digestive tract...

I recently saw the following and wondered if it does what is intended.  I thought
the time thru the horse was more on the order of 72 hours for hay.

Mike

Service lands has to be certified weed free by a California County
Agricultural Commissioner. When trail riding on NFS, BLM or NPS lands for any
length of time -- half an hour, two hours or all day -- these three agencies
are suggesting that horses be "purged for 12 hours by the feeding of
California certified weed free feed".