Donna's articles

<< >Donna's columns are good work, but unless every contributor is paid
 >in  cash or in kind, then there should be no compelling reason for EN
to do
 >so for her.If the publication cannot afford to pay for articles, so be
it.

 Who is talking cash?  If Donna has a website with her ad on it...does it
*really* cost AERC anything to post her website at the end of an article?
 Or simply a line that says, "A list of DSS's clinics is available at
www....?"  I find it very hard to believe that one tiny line is
inflicting financial harm on AERC. I think it's the principle of it
that's getting them, not the cost.

 I am a VERY frugal person. I appreciate the board's tight fistedness
with our money. I agree with it, and I appreciate them. But, when I can
get something for nothing I do it! I count a tiny ad as getting it for
nothing. I wouldn't even resent (much) Donna getting a  little blurp, and
myself not getting one.  I have not agreed to provide them with a MONTHLY
column. That's a commitment and commmitment's a bummer.  It's like when
they're trying to get somebody to volunteer to coach a little league
team. A dozen parents will say, "I'm willing to help out, but I can't
commit to be the HEAD coach".  I'm one of those people.  Donna seems to
be the parent who took the bat bag home with her.

 Angie McGhee
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.