Re: re: found a horse

I, too, had very strong feelings when I read that post.   So much so
that I had to leave the computer for a few minutes so I wouldn't spout
off.  The killer's is not at all a kind or fitting end  for a beloved
friend.  She should have euthanized him safely and lovingly at
home...where he would be unafraid and have his dignity.  It doesn't
say much for your relationship with your horse when money toward a new
horse will sway you to sacrafice him to a bitter, cruel end.
Sad...truly sad.  I hope that the lady who bought herself a rescue
horse that night will be more loyal to her mount in a few years time.
Shannon

> Dianna Chapek dmchapek@hotmail.com
> Too bad your friend couldn't follow her poor horse through the
auction/slaughter process.  If the only way I could afford a new horse
was to send my faithful companion to auction, I wouldn't get a new
horse.  How unfeeling can someone be?  So what if it costs to have the
vet out?  That's a small price to pay for the physical and emotional
well-being of a trusted friend.  And to think that she thought she was
being so noble by "rescuing" him 10 years earlier.  Hypocrit!!!