Re: RC: more on the Chev braking problem

Hi John & Sue,
    I just bought a 2001 Chevy 2500HD.  I was hoping for either the
diesel or the Vortec 8100 V8 but the dealer said that Chevy is really
taking it's time about releasing them and he had a Vortec 6000 available
so I bought it.  I've only had it 3 weeks (1100 miles).  It pulls my 2H
aluminum slant really easily but that isn't really a test.  That will
come next summer when I either put a camper on it and hitch up the
trailer or, pull a 3H LQ if I can find a used one I can afford, for
xp2001.
    Have you considered calling "Car Talk?"  I was listening this morning
and they mentioned a car with a similar sounding problem.  It has a leak
in the master cylinder that allowed brake fluid to go where it wasn't
supposed to and it would cause really rough stops like you've described.
Happy trails (& happy Chevy ownership I hope!)
Laney