Fwd: RC: Problem with trailer brakes

In a message dated 11/16/2000 9:56:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, Klc5355
writes:

I am still at a loss about my problem with a 2000 Chev. Silverado
truck.  It is an 8600 GVW with a 410 rear.
Any help with this is MOST appreciated.  I am in a head lock with
GM about it, they insist it is NOT the truck.
The problem started in June, about 10,000 miles on the truck.  No
problem prior to that.  This is an obvious problem, one that caused
me to drive off the road with the trailer in July. When applying the
brakes, the
truck lurches forward and back violently, to the point that you would
be thrown to the floor without a seat belt.  It is not the ABS braking
system.   I checked out the

Check out the wiring from your brake controller to the wiring harness. You
have ABS brakes and you are not supposed to connect to the wire at the
brake pedal. You should be connecting to the wiring harness at a different
location. This may or not be your problem, but you will want to check it
out. Ford, specifically tells you not to do the connection at this point,
as it can affect how the ABS works. This may be why you are grabbing when
the trailer is connected. Ken Cook, West region.

---- Begin included message ----
In a message dated 11/16/2000 6:11:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,

---- End included message ----